Autism Awareness Month - 2016
Everyone knows someone with autism
The most recent statistic from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention states that 1 in 45 children have autism. That staggering statistic emphasizes how important it is that the central Illinois community becomes aware of the difficulties of living with autism. Autism McLean provides imperative programming to people of all ages living with autism and families whose lives are affected by autism.
April is Autism Awareness Month and Autism McLean has planned a month packed full of events to raise awareness about autism. Also, look for our Autism Awareness electronic billboards on Veterans Parkway!
- Friday, 3/25 - Saturday, 4/2 - Extreme Motors is sponsoring Autism McLean @ Extreme Kia, Extreme Nissan, and Extreme Hyundai
- Tuesday, 4/5 - Autism Friendly Community press conference @ The Marriott, 201 Broadway Ave, Normal, IL
- Tuesday, 4/5 - Noodles Night (All Day Long!) @ both locations
- Thursday, 4/7 - Saturday, 4/9 - Mates Fest Jr III
- Monday, 4/11 - Pepper Ridge Health Fair, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Tuesday, 4/12 - Autism Talk and Q&A, AFNI
- Saturday, 4/16 - Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals Kiwanis Garage Sale Fundraiser, 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM @ the Crossroads Center, 310 Wylie Drive, Suite 450, Normal, IL (near Farm & Fleet and next to Wehrenberg Theaters)
- Saturday, 4/16 - Information Table at Best Buddies Walk, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM @ Normal West High School, 501 North Parkside Rd, Normal, IL
- Wednesday, 4/20 - Moe's Southwest Grill Supporting Autism McLean, 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM.
- Friday, 4/22 - Annual Parent/Caregiver Night Out @ Alexander's Steak House, 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
- Saturday, 4/23 - Saturday, 4/30 - Sugar Mama Bakery Supporting Autism McLean.
- Friday, 4/29 - ISU Series: "Mornings with the Professors" on Adults with Autism in the Workplace and Society, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM @ Illinois State University Alumni Center, 1101 N. Main St, Normal, IL
- Friday, 4/29 - Seedling Encore - A Theatre Experience for Adults with Disabilities!, 6:00 PM @ First Christian Church, 401 W. Jefferson, Bloomington, IL
About Autism McLean
Autism McLean is an all volunteer based group that strives to educate the central Illinois area about autism and fund programs that better the lives of individuals and families of those with autism. For more information, contact email@example.com.