Camp Takoda is dedicated to providing a valuable experience for children on the autism spectrum (ages 6-21) in a natural outdoor setting on Lake Bloomington. Children have the opportunity to engage in typical camp activities including: canoeing, swimming, horseback riding, games, and much more in a safe and supportive atmosphere. At Camp Takoda we have a high counselor-to-camper ratio to ensure that all campers are safe and positively encouraged to participate in each activity offered.
Our goal is to always provide a comfortable and motivating environment that will help each camper develop their individual abilities with an emphasis on building self-confidence, social skills, and independence - all in a fun setting!
Timber Pointe Outdoor Center's 170 wooded acres bordering four miles of shoreline on Lake Bloomington offers an incredible array of outdoor activities:
- Social Skills
- Horseback Riding
- Hay Rack Rides
- and more...
For camp pictures, check out our Facebook picture albums here: https://www.facebook.com/autismmclean/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums.
- When: 6/5/2017 - 6/9/2017, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Where: Timber Pointe Outdoor Center (TPOC)
- $225 for members
- $250 for non-members
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for camp here: https://autismmclean.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=44 (this is a preliminary registration - you will need to download and complete the full application so we have detailed information about your child).
- Sign the Participant Release of Medical Liability.
- If you need financial assistance to send your child to camp, please apply for a scholarship here: https://autismmclean.org/content/scholarship-application.
If you do not have a child attending and would like to assist at camp, you may register for camp as a volunteer.