Social and community integration
Opportunities are missed when adults with ASD stay home all the time. Offer ways for adults with ASD to get out and about in the community, be contributing citizens, and be recognized as a vital part of the community.
- Social and special interest organizations (such as book clubs, anime clubs, gaming groups)
- Volunteer and service organizations, and civic clubs
- Check out the Kiwanis Aktion Club of Bloomington-Normal
- Sports and fitness
- Religious organizations
- Library programs
- Civic participation (e.g., voting, leadership opportunities)
Supports and Accommodations
- Proximity to residence
- Accessible and safe transportation –
- For local bus services in Bloomington-Normal, IL, contact Connect Transit for fixed routes and special “Connect Mobility” services.
- Sensory needs