Everyone knows someone with autism
The most recent statistic from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention states that 1 in 68 children have autism. That staggering statistic emphasizes how important it is that the central Illinois community becomes aware of the difficulties of living with autism. The Autism Society of McLean County provides imperative programming to people of all ages living with autism and families whose lives are affected by autism.
April is Autism Awareness month and the Autism Society of McLean County (ASMC) has planned a month packed full of events to raise awareness about autism. Also, look for our Autism Awareness Electronic Billboards on Veterans Parkway!
- Tuesday, 4/1 – Noodles Night (All Day Long!) @ both locations
- Saturday, 4/5 – Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals Kiwanis Garage Sale Fundraiser, 7:00a – 2:30p @ the Crossroads Center, 310 Wylie Drive, Suite 466, Normal, IL (near Farm & Fleet and next to Wehrenberg Theaters)
- Wednesday, 4/9 – Jim Gill's Contagious Tunes Tour @ Heartland Community College – Astroth Community Education Center (Auditorium), located on the east side of the campus
- Thursday, 4/10 – Meatheads in Bloomington Fundraiser, 4:00p – 9:00p
- Saturday, 4/12 – Movies for Children With Special Needs, 10:00a – 12:00p @ Starplex Cinemas
- Thursday, 4/17 – Rosati’s in Normal Fundraiser, 11:00a – 10:00p
- Friday, 4/25 – Night Out for Parents & Caregivers, 5:00p – 9:00p @ Alexander’s Steakhouse
- Monday, 4/28 – Autism Presentation, 6:30p – 8:00p @ Masonic Lodge
About the Autism Society of McLean County
The Autism Society of McLean County is an all volunteer based group that strives to educate the central Illinois area about autism and fund programs that better the lives of individuals and families of those with autism. For more information, contact [email protected].
We have a new membership sign up, if you’re membership is expired or you haven’t joined ASMC , please view the benefits of being a member and consider joining us. Events like movies and Children’s Discovery Museum are often free for our members.