We are sorry to say that due to the ongoing concerns with Covid-19 we will not be holding camp again this year. We know that the kids are as disappointed as we are, but we feel the risk outweighs the benefits. We are hoping we will all be back to regularly scheduled programs by 2022. Stay Well!
Camp Takoda is dedicated to providing a valuable experience for children on the autism spectrum (ages 6-21) in a natural outdoor setting on Lake Bloomington. Children have the opportunity to engage in typical camp activities including: canoeing, swimming, horseback riding, games, and much more in a safe and supportive atmosphere. At Camp Takoda we have a high counselor-to-camper ratio to ensure that all campers are safe and positively encouraged to participate in each activity offered.
Our goal is to always provide a comfortable and motivating environment that will help each camper develop their individual abilities with an emphasis on building self-confidence, social skills, and independence – all in a fun setting!
Timber Pointe Outdoor Center‘s 170 wooded acres bordering four miles of shoreline on Lake Bloomington offers an incredible array of outdoor activities:
- Social Skills
- Horseback Riding
- Hay Rack Rides
- and more…
For camp pictures, check out our Facebook picture albums here: https://www.facebook.com/autismmclean/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums.
- When: 8/5/2019 – 8/9/2019, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Where: Timber Pointe Outdoor Center (TPOC)
- $225 for members
- $250 for non-members
- Contact: [email protected]
- Register for camp here: (registration is currently closed – this is a preliminary registration – you will need to download and complete the full application so we have detailed information about your child).
- If you need financial assistance to send your child to camp, please apply for a scholarship here: https://autismmclean.org/content/scholarship-application.
If you do not have a child attending and would like to assist at camp, you may register for camp as a volunteer.
Files (these are included in the camp registration links above but are provided here for reference):
- Camp Takoda application
- Guidelines and checklist
- Information and map
- Acceptance form and information about medication
- Medication instructions form for campers
- Takoda participant release of liability
- Waiver and permission to transport child
- Going to camp social story
Many thanks to Timber Pointe Outdoor Center.