Download our brochure: Hiring People with ASD Makes Good Business Sense!
Why hire someone with autism?
- Gain reliable, loyal and effective employee
- Progress towards meeting diversity goals
- Raise awareness of diversity among its staff
- Managers with understanding of ASD communication difficulties learn communication skills that help their whole team.
- Accommodations and awareness can increase co-worker productivity.
- Improved internal and external PR
- Non-autistic employees are freed from tedium of complex, repetitive tasks.
What skills and qualities do people with autism bring to the job?
- Reliable, hard working and motivated to work
- Attention to detail
- Adherence to established rules and procedures
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Good performance on complex, repetitive tasks
- Honesty and straightforward directness
- Many have advanced technical skills
- Some have academic degrees
- Good retention of facts and figures
- Often prefer work to socializing
- Strong loyalty to their employer
While it is only speculation that Albert Einstein had an autism spectrum disorder, he displayed many of the characteristics. Click to learn more!