The purpose of Autism McLean is:
- to promote the general welfare of children and adults with autism and to provide support for their families.
- to support the education, vocational training and recreation of those with autism.
- to aid in the collection and dissemination of information.
- to provide support to families and siblings of children with autism.
- to provide and avenue to access autism information effectively by furnishing families and professional with the T.R.A.I.N. Resource book.
- to inform and educate the public in McLean County about the challenges and barriers faced by people with autism.
- to further the education and training of parents and professionals to enhance education and care for persons with autism.
- to promote the establishment of adequate diagnostic, therapeutic, educational and recreational facilities for persons with autism.
- to solicit and receive funds for the accomplishment of the above purpose.