Purpose: A primary purpose for Autism McLean (AM) is for individuals with autism is to obtain access to the community. In an attempt to provide support to the families and individuals in and near McLean County, Illinois we would like to offer a limited stipend. This money could be used for any of the purposes listed.
- Grant budget: As funds are available and approved by the board
- No financial qualifications
- Grant limit: $150.00 per person with a max of 300.00 per family per fiscal year
- Fiscal Year: January 1st to December 31st
Any specific activity that will allow the individual with autism further access to activities outside of the home and in the community.
Activities can include but are not limited to:
- Recreational activities
- Sporting events
- Memberships to clubs
- Tuition (parks activities, swimming, camps, leagues, gymnastics, etc.)
Community access examples:
- Bus passes
- Attending sporting events
- Participating in school activities
Grant monies may be used to hire additional aide to escort the individual with autism to the activities whether it be alone or with the entire family.
- Requests are limited to McLean County, Illinois and those living within a 60 mile radius of Towand, IL.
- Must be a current Autism McLean Member
- Specific activity must be identified and a summary of how this will benefit the individual with autism. General requests for funds not tied to a specific event will be denied.
- Stipends for activities will be approved by the Autism Mclean board
* Must be a current member of Autism McLean.